- Synchronize Outline View
- The outline view does not update its selection based on cursor movement in editor view.
- Documentation / Help
- So far the editors usage and features is not documented outside this project web
To have a quickstart, just do the following:
- Start eclipse with a workspace of your choice
- Create a new project (File→New→Project→General→Project) with any name
- Create a new file under this project (File→New→File) with any name and extension .lsl
- Start editing the file (the SL editor plugin should be opened as editor by default)
- Once you are ready to test you have to use Cut&Paste to transfer the source to SL
There are a lot of Eclipse standard features (version control and shared code in a team via CVS or SVN to be mentioned) which add value to this approach but can not be covered here in detail.
- Context Aware Editor Templates
- Templates are available with 1.1.8. Still it would be desirable to have different contexts where templates are valid or not (e.g. events inside events make no sense). This would require a more sophisticated parsing.
- Enhance Lexxer and Parser to recognize variables and functions
- This would be useful for syntax checking and for highlighting/completion.